Thursday, August 27, 2009

Getting it together....the past few months

Remember the commercial about depression and how it can affect your life? 'Tis true, 'tis true Something that I have learned in the past few months is that, at least for me, depression will sneak into your life and creep up on you without any warning really, not any obvious signs at first. Now although in the past I've made feeble attempts to put an end to my life, they were, as I now look back, simply ways to add a little drama to my life at the time. There were no thoughts of suicide recently, I was not stuck in bed unable to get up to start the day or any such thing, however, depression was still there and present and working its way into my life a little more day by day.

I don't blame anyone one person, any one situation, any one moment in time, and perhaps most importantly not myself for becoming depressed. That is not to say that all the various factors, when combined in the right combinations, did not come together for a perfect prescription for being downright blue and heading toward a place that could have been very hard to get out of. I don't plan on getting into all the specifics, at least not at the present time, I do however plan on getting everything back on track and keeping myself on the bright side looking forward to the next day. I've missed writing in this blog and am eager to get back into it...my therapy. I also am going to make a valiant effort to take steps to make sure that I do not head down this road again anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment