Saturday, April 4, 2009

A synopsis of life

The main point of setting up this blog is to share with the people that I went to high school with in Keflavik, Iceland the answer to the question that we have all seemed to ask each other recently, "So what have you been up to?" After 18 years of not being in touch with so many people of these people myself, that can be a very loaded question.

For those of you that may come across this blog and decide to read it, it will still be an interesting read for sure. Of course there are friends in my life that ask me what it was like to live in Iceland and I intend on starting from that point. Along the journey I want to also comment on the countless, pointless, sometimes insane, sometimes not thoughts, feelings, and basic random crap that runs through my head.

One of my best friends from high school recently told me that I probably have more stories than anyone else that we graduated with. The more I thought about those words, the more I realized that my life has been nothing short of an adventure. Not necessarily one that anybody in their right mind would want to embark on, nevertheless one that continues to go on day by day.

You will not find anything spectacular here, I haven't gone to the African Jungles, climbed Mt. Everest or even walked up the Washington Monument. What I have done is survive a life that has dealt me all sorts of challenges and taught me to be strong, never to regret, learn from the mistakes and above all else remind me everyday that I am not invincible, but I am loved and I am human....just like you.

Everything that I will post will be honest, true(to the best of my somewhat not so clear recollections), and hopefully a little funny at times. There are a lot of things that have happened just in the past few years that, if it had not happened to me personally, I wouldn't believe it. Trust me though, I have no reason to make things up because life has been way too interesting. I mean come on, how many people do you know who are bleached blond southern boys, living in Chicago, with a boyfriend in California, has gone through three hurricanes and above all else.....has my name?!

Welcome to The Life & Times Of The All-American....Trotzky

2 comments:

  1. You have a boyfriend in California?

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait. sounds like sex in the city meets keflavik meets donnie darko.

    ReplyDelete